Built in 1848, Soldier’s Point Hotel was formerly the residence of a Government engineer Charles Rigby who built the harbour breakwater at Holyhead. He was also an Anglesey magistrate and commanded the 2nd Anglesey Artillery Volunteers.
It is an example of an early Victorian castellated building, and has two stories, and had barred windows and curtain wall towers.
The hotel closed in the 1960’s. Many plans for redevelopment have been put forward but the future of the site has been put at even more risk following a catastrophic fire in 2012.